Both the 1.3kW and 3.5kW wind turbines have key technology advantages, which make these turbines the ideal choice for oilfield applications.
- No schedule maintenance needed
- Generator is brushless and gearless; hence, no greasing required
- No slip rings in design.
- Slip rings translate rotation motion to a fixed axis. Slip rings are notorious for failing (shorting between ground and live electrical paths) and require periodic maintenance as the brushes inside get residue and dirt and spark or break connection).
- Cable needs inspection ever 3 to 4 months; if tangled it can be unplugged and unwound
- Inexpensive replacement parts
Designed for cold and Arctic climates
- Designed and manufactured in Saskatchewan, Canada for cold climate; whereas many other wind turbines are designed and manufactured in US or China
- Bearings are repacked with Arctic grease
- System designed for team exploring Canadian Arctic
- Wind turbine to power camp heater
Effective in High Wind Speeds
- In high winds, 1.5kW system furls backwards instead of braking; hence, it produces power even in high winds
- Most other machines will brake or turn sideways to avoid path of high winds
Single Source Manufacturing and Supply
- We manufacture all components (wind turbine, inverter, battery charger, and controller)
- Other suppliers may use multiple sources for various components
- Single vendor sourcing/manufacturing allows better control of quality, integration, supply and service
- Manufacturing and supply from Saskatchewan, Canada
- Quicker response to supply and technical issues
- Tower can be raised or lowered by a pulling force: truck or front end loader
- Surface footprint is 7' by 7' by 2’
- Portable concrete base used for reduced surface disturbance
- Wind turbine is compact and light compared to other systems
- Consequently, other wind turbines require bigger surface pad and more expensive towers, installation and lifting procedures (such as a crane)
Responsive Engineering Team
- Engineering team located in Saskatchewan, Canada
- Responsive and ready to optimize for specific oilfield applications
Contact us for more information.